Vic Park Open 2021
Vic Park Squash welcomes players of all levels to take part in our open tournament - numbers are strictly capped at 56 entries, so get in quick! This tournament will be ability-based, with players sorted into divisions based on SportyHQ ranking (regardless of age or gender.) Prizes for all divisions! We look forward to seeing you there!
We'll be wrapping up the tournament in style with a social event at the Vic Park Bowling Club on the Saturday night. Join us for food trucks, drinks, & lawn games! Further details to follow.
Please indicate to the Tournament Director below if you DO NOT give permission for photographic images of the player to be used by Vic Park Squash Club.
Tournament Directors: Lachie McVey & Alison Coburn
Tournament Referee: Neil Butler
1. RULES: The tournament will be played under WSF Rules, WA Squash Tournament By-Laws and, where relevant, WA Squash Pennant By-Laws.
2. CLOTHING: Clothing as provided for in the WA Squash Tournament Clothing Regulations is to be worn.
3. PAYMENT: Payment must be made upon registration.
4. PLAYING TIMES: All players must be available to play from 6.00pm Friday and at any other time specified during the Tournament. First round times will be available on SportyHQ two days prior to the tournament commencing. It is the player's responsibility to establish the time and date of their first and subsequent matches.
5. THE DRAW: All draws shall utilize a Swiss Draw format (Aiming for either 8 or 16 person draws) except where entries are less than 7 in which case a round robin draw may be used.
6. BALLS: Dunlop Double Yellow dot balls will be used for all Divisions.
7. SCORING: All matches shall consist of the best of five games, with PAR scoring to 11 used. Players are guaranteed a minimum of 3 matches.
8. REFEREEING: Players are required to mark/referee the match before or after their match as directed by the Tournament Director or Tournament Referee.
9. PRESENTATIONS: All players receiving prizes shall attend the presentation ceremony on Saturday afternoon. Any player not attending must make collection arrangements with the tournament organisers or may forfeit their award.
10. WITHDRAWALS: A player may not withdraw his/her entry from a tournament after the draw has been completed. Any withdrawal will require the tournament fee to be paid. Tournament organisers must be notified immediately of any withdrawal.
11. The tournament organisers, WA Squash, and its officers, employees or agents shall not be liable for any death or personal injury or loss or damage to property sustained or incurred by any person in connection with the tournament howsoever caused.
12. The Tournament Director reserves the right to accept or refuse any entry, disqualify any player for late arrival or misconduct, combine events, alter match times, and vary conditions of play.
13. Players entering the tournament agree to:
• Refrain from any conduct which would bring the sport into disrepute.
• Abide by the Regulations and Policies of Squash Australia.
• Comply with the reasonable directions of tournament officials.
• Irrespective of age, not to consume any prohibited drugs. Any player found to be under the influence of any prohibited drug during the tournament will be in breach of these conditions.
• Participate in any random drug testing conducted by the appropriate authority.
• The player is to be registered and an insured member with their Club/State or country of origin.
• Eyewear is compulsory for all juniors, aged 19 and under.
cnr Kent & Gloucester Street
East Victoria Park, Western Australia 6101
This is a WA Squash sanctioned event.